With the liberalisation of the European electricity markets, the operation of power energy networks (transmission and distribution) are separated activities, strongly regulated by national authorities.
Other states (in Africa, Eastern Europe, Middle East,...) are now implementing similar opening reforms in their own territories.
Assistance to regulators and network operators
Zelya Energy offers its expertise to national regulatory agencies and to network operators by:
- Providing benchmarking and diagnostics of tariff setting, rules of access, WACC and incentive/regulated rate-of-return applied to existing and new infrastructures
- Helping define development strategies that enable power energy systems to adjust supply and demand
- Defining a national energy reform or strategy by implementing operational, ownership and administrative unbundling of activities and setting-up new regulatory frameworks
Example of studies provided in Europe
- Analysis and benchmarking of European regulatory frameworks
- Comparison of WACC calculation methodologies applied to the regulation of European power grids
- Profitability analysis of investments in electricity networks
- Setting-up of tariffs and Third Party Access rules
- Strategic consulting relative to the setting up and the development of electricity supply and transmission companies